How to Recover Hacked Facebook Account
Facebook is one of the most popular social media sharing sites on the planet. They currently have more than 1.79 billion active monthly users, and the number continues to climb. Fans enjoy sharing photos, videos, and snippets of their lives with the easy to use and globally recognized forum. Having your hacked facebook account is a nightmare. Imagine a stranger having access to all your private messages, contacting your friends, abusing your Facebook page, and deleting your personal information.
To avoid this, you should regularly update your password and keep your security settings tight. Not just on Facebook; on all of your online accounts. Once it’s too late, however, you must act fast. The most important thing is – don’t panic! You can regain access to your account.
With popularity like that, Facebook naturally attracts a lot of attention from everyone, and hackers have taken a liking to this channel as well. While you won’t see mass breaches on Facebook as you have with many of the other social media sites (like Pinterest and DropBox), there are still incidents reported of hacked Facebook accounts. The question people often have is: How was my troubleshoot hacked facebook account?
How Do I Secure A Hacked Facebook Account?
Hackers like to do a thorough job of stealing your personal information. That’s why they will often head straight for your email account either before or after they’ve hit a social media account. People innocently leave private information like bank account numbers, passwords, and social security numbers in their emails, leaving them vulnerable to hacking plays.
As soon as you have a suspicion (or even before, really), run this free tool to see if you have any compromising info in your email accounts. The anti-intrusion algorithm will clear out all of your folders from this harmful data and alert you if anything comes up in the future.
Facebook Customer Support
Well, the fastest & direct way to contact Facebook is to use the phone that is not a heavy-weight process. To avail the Facebook Customer Service, all you need to do is to get connected with Facebook experts by just putting up your fingers on your keypad and dial up the troubleshoot hacked facebook account support or hacked facebook account Support Number which is accessible in every nook and corner of the world. Facebook Phone Number will be picked up by the top-notch Facebook-nerds who have years of Facebook troubleshooting experience and are capable enough to cope-up with the Facebook-related issue. Share your problem with them and get the solution of your problem in no time. If the problem is damn easy, your problem would be resolved instruction all over the phone, but if not then choose the online/remote support mode.
Change your Facebook Password
Once your account has been reinstated and is back under your control, reset your Facebook password:
- Open the Facebook menu by clicking the down arrow in the upper right corner of the page.
- Click Settings.
- In the left pane, click Security and Login.
- In the Login section of the center pane, click Change password.
- Enter your Current password. Then fill in your new password and Retype-new to confirm it.
- Click Save Changes.
Alert you’re Friends
You must tell your friends that your Facebook account hacked. They are all aware that they can reach your friends through your Hacked Facebook Account. Warn them not to click on any links that may come from your account. During the time it hacked and out of your control—hackers who compromised your account posted on your friends’ pages, sent links in chat sessions or in Facebook e-mails.
Remove Suspicious Applications
Oftentimes, it’s not an evil person that randomly hacked your account. More likely than not you granted access to a malicious Facebook application which subsequently hijacked your account.
To remove suspicious applications, go to Settings > Apps and go through the list. Be sure to Show All, hover over applications you’d like to remove, click the X, and confirm by clicking Remove.
Alternatively, click the Edit icon and change the app’s permissions, which include options like app visibility, access to your personal information, and actions it can do.
Enable Two-Factor Authentication
A few simple steps can greatly improve your Facebook security and privacy. To help prevent your account from compromise again, strongly consider enabling Facebook’s two-factor authentication. Enabling this feature will require an additional form of authentication beyond your password when anyone attempts to log into your account.
The second form of authentication is a number code send on your phone or a code generated by in a separate authentication app on your phone. After entering the code, login to your account will continue.
To enable two-factor authentication:
- Click the down arrow in the upper right corner of the Facebook page to open the Facebook menu.
- Click Settings from the menu.
- In the left pane, click Security and Login.
- Click Edit next to Use two-factor authentication.
Improve Your Facebook Privacy and Security Settings
Once you’re back in control, we highly recommend that you review your Facebook settings.
- Under Settings > General, update your contact details, add additional email addresses or mobile phone numbers you have access to.
- Head to Settings > Security and Login to set up extra security measures, including alerts about unrecognized logins, two-factor authentication, and choose 3 to 5 trusted friends who can help you to recover your account should you get locked out.
- Under Settings > Privacy, choose the privacy settings you’re comfortable with. We recommend letting only friends see your future posts and retroactively limiting visibility of past posts.
Step by step solution for how to troubleshoot hacked facebook account
- If your Facebook account hacked. Firstly, you will have to go online to help documentation page of Facebook.
- For this, you need to click “My Account hacked” and then select “Secure it here.”
- Now, in the text field, you will have to type your password and then it is important to click “Continue.”
- In this step, Facebook will show a message, which will confirm that you are reaching your correct account.
- Now, it is important to click “Continue” to confirm your account.
- And, after this, you need to click “Continue” to proceed with securing your account.
- Then, in the corresponding text fields, you will have to type a new password.
- And, then, click “Continue” to proceed. Here, Facebook will highlight an advisory message, which will suggest you change your email account password.
- After this, you need to click “Continue” to move further. Now, Facebook will confirm that the account has been verified.
- In order to unlock your account, you need to click “Continue.”
- Now, it is important to make your account more secure. For this, you will have to click “Choose a Security Question” drop-down menu.
- After this, you need to select a question. For this, in the text field, you require to type an answer to the security question and then click “Submit.”And, finally, in order to proceed to your unlocked account, you will have to click “Log In.”
- And, finally, in order to proceed to your unlocked account, you will have to click “Log In.”