Microsoft security essentials showing error while updating
Microsoft Security Essentials is security software for the Windows operating system that is offered by Microsoft as a free download. Here, we will discuss why Microsoft Security is being shown while Microsoft security essential showing error while updating and how can we fix it? The program provides additional protection against various types of malware including a computer. Microsoft Security Essential is signature-based security software which means that only then the signature database is updated regularly. It can protect its entire system.
The process of downloading Microsoft Security Essentials Updates automatically depends on Windows Update Services. In case the automatic Windows update is not working properly then Microsoft Security Essential will not even work properly. You need an internet connection to update Microsoft Security Essentials. Whether or not a problem these days maybe most of the time.
In case you are also facing any error message during Microsoft Security update required, this article may be extremely useful to you. In case the window update is working properly then you should try to fix the Microsoft Security Essentials error while updating to the two solutions mentioned below.
First Solutions: for Microsoft security essentials showing error while updating
Step 1: Check for conflicting software
- It is not possible that your previously installed antivirus could cause this problem.
- Remove all traces of your already installed antivirus by using the application removal tool.
Step 2: Remove installed Virus Definitions
- Already installed virus definitions may also be a reason that Microsoft Security is being shown while updating compulsory error.
- To run as administrator, enter the command prompt and the following code
- CD% ProgramFiles%
- CD “Microsoft Security Client” [CD Defender “Windows Defender”]
- exe -remove Definitions – All
- After Exit
- To remove the installed virus definition, now will try to update and if the problem persists, try.
Step 3: Manually install virus Definitions
- Virus Definitions are simply available on the official Microsoft website, just by recovering errors with Microsoft Security Essentials, sometimes by installing virus definitions.
Step 4: Reinstall MSE
- If the error still persists, then after installing the above solution you can completely uninstall Microsoft Security Essentials and then reinstall it. Microsoft Security Essentials can be re-installed from official Microsoft’s website.
Second Solution: For Microsoft security essentials showing error While updating
Step 1: Restart windows update service
- Window pressing + open key interface by R key
- Enter “service.msc” and click OK.
- Now scroll down and think “Windows Update“.
- Then right-click on the window updates and chooses “Start” or “Restart”.
Step 2: Rename Software Distribution Folder
- First of all, the window update service stopped by following the steps given in Solution 1, but click “Stop” instead of Start or Restart.
- After open C drive windows and right-click followed by software distribution folder and rename it to “software distribution.old” and press enter.
- Now restart the Windows Update Service as described in Step 1.
Step 3: Resetting Catroot2 Folder
- Insert and enter the following code to give the run command as admin.
- After net stop cryptsvc
- MD% systemroot% \ system32 \ catroot2.old
- xcopy% systemroot% \ system32 \ catroot2% systemroot% \ system32 \ catroot2.old / s
- After open the system under C drive and remove all the contents inside the Catroot2 folder.
- Then press the following command type Enter in the command prompt.
- After net start cryptsvc
- Finally, exit the command prompt and see if the error is fixed.
Step 4: Fixing Registry
- Click on the Start button from the desktop and enter “regedit” in the search box.
- Now from the list of programs, click regedit.exe.
- After Locate and select the following registry subkey:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ components
- After going to this solution if you cannot find the above subkey.
- Now click on the right component and choose Export.
- Type the component in the file name and save the file to the desktop.
- Now in the details pane, right click on PendingXmlIdentifier, NextQueueEntryIndex, AdvancedInstallersNeedResolving (also available) and click Delete.
- Finally, restart the computer and install the update again.
Step 5: Registering windows updates files
- Run a command prompt as an administrator.
- Enter the following command at the command prompt and make sure to enter it after each command.
- DLL / S
- REGSVR32 WUPS.DLL / S
- REGSVR32 WUAUENG.DLL / S
- Put REGSVR32 WUAPI.DLL / S
- REGSVR32 WUCLTUX.DLL / S
- DLL / S
- dll / s
- REGSVR 32 MSXML 3 DDL / S
Now install the update and see if the error still persists or not.
We hope that after reading the above solution you will be able to fix that Microsoft Security is required to update the necessary error. In case the error still occurs, contact Microsoft Security Essentials Support Number to get issues to fix.